Feb 7, 2010

Great way to start the day...

So, I had just gotten out of the shower, getting ready for church. Wildman had just gotten into the shower. I picked up my pile of clothes on the floor and opened the bathroom door, only to come face to face with a 12 year old Deacon, gathering fast offerings. I was acutely aware of the towel I had hastily wrapped around me for the 4 foot trek to the sanctuary of my bedroom. I'm not sure who had the more shocked expression, me or the pre-teen standing in the hallway. I mumbled something about bringing our fast offering to church and quickly retreated backwards behind the bathroom door. Can we say...mortified?! Needless to say, the door separating the upstairs from the downstairs apartment is going to get a lock on it. ASAP. The poor kid is lucky I had a towel on.

5 comments:

Desertbound said...

Wahooooo! The joys of being a Deacon!

Michelle said...

Hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Pulcheria said...

Ah, Sunday morning peace and quiet. Thanks for the laugh!

Bethany said...

Our dad said to me a couple years back...
if they haven't seen it before, they won't know what it is and if they have seen it before, they won't care about mine.
Very funny.

CowboyBob said...

Shoot! I never had that kind of adventure gathering fast offerings.