Dec 21, 2009

Snow Fun!

Saturday, The kids and Wildman went out sledding. I decided (couldn't resist, really...) saddling up Rio and seeing if I could get Rio to actually pull the kids around on their sleds. The snow was beyond perfect, only about 4-6 inches and hard and crusty, so the tubes didn't sink in the snow, but glided and soared along the top....like water skiing on glassy water. With only a small hill, the kids and Wildman could get a running start and slide for at least 50 yards in the big pasture. So, enter Rio and a 30 ft rope. After a couple of minutes of remembering the rope and the sled wouldn't kill him, he was AWESOME! He hauled WM and the kids around like he was born to it. He even got all "mid-evil" like Wayfarer. We'd haul the sledders up to the top of their hill, then race them down...then haul them back up. SO much fun, and I'm so proud of my little horse! I didn't get any pictures, my hands were rather full...but I have some of Wayfarer a few years ago. Now, we just need to make a sweet jump to pull them all over! Wooya!


1 comment:

CowboyBob said...

I think that horse would do anything for you.