Jan 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

Oh yeah. Is my husband amazing or what. I was quite surprised by this gift (classical guitar...for a beginner) for my birthday...I had told Wildman that maybe I didn't want a guitar because of the trouble I've been having with my voice (hurts to sing or talk for any real length of time....something that's been gradually getting worse over the years...) His response was that he or the kids can sing while I play the guitar. I'm so excited to learn to play, but am a TOTAL beginner. I'll figure it out though. Now I just need to combine the cowboy poetry with the guitar...Ha! Kidding. Really.


11 comments:

Sayyadina said...

WOW. Happy birthday! And those are some beautiful guitar pictures!

CowboyBob said...

Can't wait to hear it, you.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you and have fun learning to play!! Looks like fun!!

Bethany said...

Cool Gee Tar!
Glad you had a fab birthday!

Pulcheria said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good day! We love you.

Canyonsrcool said...

Whoa. If you can play the come thou fount version with the guitar then I will have to sing it.

BeautyFul said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!!! I thought about it on December 27 and said to myself, "I will remember her birthday this year..." over and over again...

Hmmmm... looks like it not only didn't work, but seeing your cute face and hugging you just a few short days after your b-day didn't trigger it either...

So here is your ALWAYS belated birthday wish from me...

Everyone sing along, "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear T! Happy Birthday to you!"

So, on a completely different note (and hopefully not a creepy one), that "Kissing You" song that we would listen to over and over again in the car while we pined for our missionaries/oops I mean friends-that-were-on-their-missions-that-we-ended-up-marrying, is running through my head right now! Too funny and incredibly randon!

BeautyFul said...

how 'bout "random" instead... :P

BeautyFul said...

Oh yeah, and WAY COOL b-day present!

Wow, my blog messages are starting to sound like my phone messages!

I'm getting off the computer now!

Desertbound said...

Beautiful fun-ness! Can't wait for your skit at the family reunion in July:)

Keli said...

What a great gift! You'll have so much fun learning to play. My husband plays, and tried to teach me, with no avail. I can, however, play Smelly Cat, and Jamaica Farewell! Good luck!