Dec 3, 2008

The Weekend

Our Holiday weekend was lots O' fun. We headed out to Colorado to see my sister, Bethany and her family. We left around noon on Wednesday, and made it to her front door in exactly 9 hours. That's pretty good! Wildman has some pretty cool bruises on his ankle from the Football Game Thursday morning...which was totally worth it, he says. The dinner was delightful, the turkey was pretty much perfect. Very chunky and plumpy. It was fun watching Wildkid play guitar hero...he was definately hooked. Friday we went to the local Rec Center/Gym and went swimming in an indoor water park. How cool is that? Loved the steam room, too. aahh... Then date night at the movies...we saw Australia. Nice horses and nice, uh..."scenery" in the form of Mr. Jackman. Saturday we went to the Hammond Candy Factory for a short tour. Really fun watching the candy made...if only it was soft candy.... A little shopping...because they have everything there, except a Smith & Edwards. Sunday morning I woke early to the sounds of a tornado outside...oh wait...it was just a blizzard. Wyoming closed down, so we followed Desertbound and clan over I-70...through the Rockies and snowpacked roads (but hey, at least they were still open) and I got to see new territory! It was 60 degrees amd sunny in Green River! It took us 11 hours to get home. All in all, we loved the trip, it was super fun, and it turns out Wildman only had to use 4 hours of vacation time! Thanks, Bethany, for the wonderful weekend. Love ya!

Below: Wildman playing flag football in the park behind the house.
Below: Notice the joy in his eyes. aah...

Below: Bethany said that, to men, this kind of football is like "our" (women's) bookclub. Amen.

Below: Notice the swelling of his ankle on the right? It got bigger and darker. Right now, it's bruised around the whole foot, even though only a small part of it got injured.


Below: Sunrise, Saturday morning.

Sunrise...

Below: our drive home over I-70. The vehicle (it's not a car) in front of us is the Rock and Desertbound + girlies. "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..."
Below: More I-70...I won't tell you what a desperate Wildman had to do while we were in standstill traffic for an hour...but I had to drive for a few minutes, and his bladder felt a lot better after. Aron Ralston would have chuckled.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! It's looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! The drive home looks slightly nerve racking!! Glad you got home safe and had a fun holiday!!

Canyonsrcool said...

Whoa, yeah snow happens at 11,000 feet. You guys drove through GJ!! You could have stopped for dinner in Orem you know . . .

Bri!!! said...

When we were driving home after Thanksgiving a few years ago there was a horrible blizzard in Utah. It took us 9 hours to get to Vegas. Anyway, we too were in stand still traffic and I had to pee so bad. There were cars everywhere and you could see everything because of the lights. I squatted by our car with my head down hoping no one I knew would see me. Good times.

Desertbound said...

Wow! We drove throught that? I think I had my head down in my book most of the time. It's a good thing, too.

DreamPacker said...

thanks for the pics and narrative! Especially the "toe" photo to add to my collection. Glad everything turned out ok. Such adventures.