Dec 14, 2008

Eight!

Okay, here we go. Last week Stargirl got baptized! She was so excited and brave. There were ten other kids, yes, TEN, getting baptized also. Stargirl was so excited to be having her best friend, R, getting baptized too. If I'd been thinking clearly, I would have gotten a picture of the two of them in their white dresses....maybe I can get them to still dress up for a photo? Getting baptized was the first time EVER that Stargirl has been completely submerged in the water. She, like me, hates getting water in her ears. I was so proud of her for bravely facing her fear. She was so glowy and excited. I am so proud of her. There are times I am just amazed at how she is growing up. I love her so much. Thank you so much to all of you who made the trip here to support her. She was so happy that "everyone" came to see her. I asked her if she felt special, and she replied, "I am special." A couple of months before her baptism, Wildman told her he wouldn't baptize her until/unless she wanted it...and until she could tell us why she wanted to be baptized. A couple days later, she came to him and said she wanted to have the Holy Ghost with her, that's why she wanted to be baptized. There you have it.

3 comments:

Pulcheria said...

It sounds like a beautiful and special day, just as it should be! We love you all. Please give Stargirl a hug from us.

Canyonsrcool said...

Sorry I missed the occasion . . .wish I could have been there.

But hey, now you guys have a house to visit in Grand Junction now . .

CowboyBob said...

It was special for me to be there.