So, I'm in the store the other day with Wildkid, looking for new shoes for his little feet. Further down the shoe aisle, I see/hear a couple of women (mid-twenties...little kids with them) "bump" into each other, and it appears they haven't seen each other for quite some time. There were phrases like,
"how ARE you?!" and
"How many do you have now?" (kids, I assume).
..then the question I overhear from girl #2 is,
" What are you doing?" (weird, cuz it's obvious she's shopping)
The reply is something like, "Oh, we were bored. We always go shopping when we're bored."
(I think about the 101 projects I have waiting at home and wonder to myself, "Are you kidding me?! BORED?")
The other girl raises her eyebrows and echoes what's going on in my head.
"Bored?! How can you be bored?! I have a ton of things to get done!"
Girl #1 calls her on it and says, "Like what?"
Girl #2 then proceeds to list a number of things, like finish making the assorted presents she's chosen to give for christmas...etc. Ligitimate things to get done.
Girl #1 replies, "Oh, just don't make anything, then you won't be so busy..."
As I walk away, I think of all the projects at home that I'm in the middle of making. If I chose not to make anything, then I wouldn't be so busy. Just bored. Apparently, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around boredom. I can understand having a ton to do, and not feeling like doing it...but not having anything to do? Is that possible? I feel that boredom is a symptom of not having or not knowing what your passions are. I can't remember the last time I was bored. Bored?
5 comments:
I hear ya, I'm never bored either. Even when "nothing" is going on. I enjoy the down time, especially now.
I'm glad you're very productive when you don't have a job earning money.
Bored. Hee hee.
More like boring. I'd rather chat with someone who is productive anyday.
Actually, the bored one makes me feel a little sad. You're right. Where's the passion?
I can't remember the last time I was bored either....
Seriously, bored? I'm with ya. That girl needs to get a hobby. Like right now I'm neglecting about 4 different projects I need to get done. Merry Christmas btw!
Post a Comment