Jan 6, 2008

...and a happy new year!


Wow, It’s been awhile since I last posted. We had a nice holiday season. My B-day was a lot of fun too. Wildman made reservations at Sherwood Hills and we stayed there the night. My favorite was swimming in the warm indoor pool (which we had all to ourselves) and watching through the big windows surrounding the pool, the snow falling in the woods. We woke up the next morning to ten inches of snow on top of our car! Sweet!
Being a new year, I have been reflecting on the year past. Below is the year 2007 in retrospect:
N.A.M. (4 ) This past year He has grown leaps and bounds. Some of his favorite things to do are: play with the magnetix, help Dad with projects that require tools, learn and sing new songs, read, play games, and torment his sister. He is a very good worker, and loves to play dodgeball in the house. He also loves to wrestle and play tickle-tag. He loves to “go-up-stairs” to play with Grandma. He is showing an interest now in learning to play the piano. He learned how to ride his bike this year, too!
PocketMouse: (7) She is loving school! Her reading is improving by leaps and bounds, and she always comes home with stories to tell. She loves to read stories, sing and dance, dance, play with her toys, dance, be a princess, dance, play with her friends, play games, torment her brother, and dance. She loves to wear silky, soft, smooth things and flit around the house. She is Giselle from “Enchanted” through and through. She was so excited to lose her first tooth on Christmas Eve, so that the tooth fairy and santa both made a stop.
WildMan: Has had one busy/ crazy year. He was promoted at his work to the Front End Manager, and now is responsible for about 80 employees. He also has continued to plug away with school, (Human Resource major) and passed all his finals. One year left! He currently serves as the second counselor in the Elder’s Quorum, as well as a member of the Ward Activities Committee.
WildBound (me): I have had a great year. I have made new friends, equine, canine, and human. I currently serve as the Ward Chorister, and the Food Storage Specialist. This week I am in charge of a part of our Enrichment Night. Somehow it got out that I had once certified as a Holistic Stress Management Specialist and Sport Yoga Intstructor…so I am teaching a class on stress management and yoga basics. I’m almost looking forward to it. This past year I also joined the Institute Choir up on campus. It’s a lot of fun being able to sing in a choir again. I love the break in my routine and love the chance to sing again. Some of my favorite highlights this year were: hiking the Fiery Furnace, Tower Arch, and Corona Arch, camping in Goblin Valley, the Lake Powell Expedition, singing with the choir, and learning to ride a bike. I also loved playing dodgeball with the family and think that should become a new tradition. All in favor? Say “aye”.


Below: Christmas morning, we woke up to about 7 inches of fresh, powdery snow!
Below: Wildman shoveling that 7-8 inches of snow....

Below: New Year's Eve Sunset

6 comments:

Muad'Dib said...

Sweeeeeeeeet pics.

Unknown said...

aye

Sherwood Hills eh?

I once was in a "spook" forest thing up there one October night . . . .

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Amen, MD. Those photos were gorgeous on your home PC, and they're still beautiful over the net.

Thanks for the update... But, don't you think that NAM likes to torment PM just as much as the reciprical?

Desertbound said...

Aye! Beautiful pictures. If we all buy one dodgeball for next year...

Marzipan said...

Aye!!! I love the family pic! Did you take it? (I know you're in the picture but you know what I mean!)

Tell everyone "hello" for us! And have fun teaching the yoga basics...that rocks!

Wildman said...

So my wife says to me, "Honey, your shoulders look bigger." Yes, thanks to cleaning multiple feet of snow off of acres of parking/driveway/sidewalk both here, at work, at inlaws, parents, and church houses. I guess the snow can be good for more than the moisture and fun...