Jul 7, 2007

What big ears you have....

It's 11 o'clock at night, and I'm catching up on the laundry. I've taken a few days off this week, what with the holiday and Wildman's B-Day and all. Wildman is at work (hence the time to do laundry) and I'm watching a nocturnal rodent pictured below run around our floor, looking for tasty things to eat. I've vacuumed the floor well, and am wondering what to do about this annoying little pest. Cute, but annoying. The common house mouse. It seems to have really taken a liking to our residence. Wish we could let a cat in for awhile..."natural selection" and all. Give it a sporting chance. I keep seeing it out of the corner of my eye, scurrying along from dark corner to dark corner....if it weren't so cute, it would be creepy. Creepy is the gigantuous spider in the laundry room I had to take the fly-swatter to. Yikes. Maybe the spider would have eaten the mouse. It happens...


2 comments:

Desertbound said...

Dang! How'd you get such a great picture of a rodent?

CowboyBob said...

A friend found baby mice born in his frying pan one morning. Kept a large tarantula in the apartment after that. No more mice . . . or other nasties, either.