Yesterday I took the kids for a "walk" down the river. The river is
very low right now because it is being re-routed into canals for irrigation and such. It made for a nice walk. We went about a half-mile downstream and back...the cool water was delightful. We saw lots of trout, and watched the dog fetch sticks we'd throw into the deeper pools to watch him swim. We had fun on the "exploration", and look forward to doing it again after the Family Reunion this weekend.

Above: Narrows Trainees...

Above: Weird kids. Goofy poses when I bring out the camera...
Above: Under our bridge. The "End"! (and the beginning...one of those full circle things...)
4 comments:
What a grand adventure for those 2 kiddos! I bet they loved every step.
Liam looked at these photos and exclaimed, "They stole my sticks." after I explained that those were different sticks he looked longingly at your kidlets and said, "I wanna walk in a river. We can share the sticks." I guess that means we'll have to come up for another visit!
Great "Narrows" training run.
You have a knack for making great memories with your kids. Believe me, they'll remember and love you for teaching them to love nature.
Post a Comment