
Dec 15, 2006
Gerbil Mania
On December 13th, exactly 8 years from the day Aaron proposed to me, he surprised me with a childhood favorite of mine, some gerbils! We now have three super cute little boy gerbils. The kids LOVE them, and of course they get that from me...:-) Being 3 males, we thought of a bunch of names for them, Oakley wanted to name two of them Barbie and Madison. When we told her they were boys, she said "well, we can pretend they are girls..." So we thought about "Larry, Mo, and Curly"...I thought of "Larry, Darryl, and Darryl" (can anyone name that show??!) We eventually settled on the black one being called "Mo", the gray one is "Scrat" from Ice Age, and the little brown and white one is called Dib/Dibs...short for Muad'Dib, after the desert mouse in Dune. Yes, gerbils are desert creatures...from the deserts of Mongolia. Cousins of the Kangaroo Rat. We have been having a great time getting to know the little guys.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
@ hairyshoefairy....you are good! My spouse didn't believe me that there were three rednecks who were named Larry, Darryl and Darryl. And that neither Darryl EVER said a word. Oh, that was a funny show....
Go Rone! Dude, that's so awesome. Big-time good-husband points, eh? What does Kathy think of it all?
I remember Larry, Darryl and Darryl. Never saw the show, though I heard "I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl and my other brother, Darryl."
I'm so excited for you!! They are adorable; and I love the names. I can just hear your children chanting in a dream-like trance: "Muad'ib. Muad'ib."
Post a Comment