Oct 11, 2006

First Ride

October 10th, four and a half months after the accident, I rode a horse again. I was told it would be up to a year before I could get back on a horse...it turned out to be four and a half months. Yeah, okay, I only rode for five minutes which is huge for me right now. Just the emotional hurtle of getting on a horse was painful and difficult enough. I rode Shrek, the five-year old Morgan gelding I trained from a yearling all by myself. He was a gentleman, and very "present" with his brain and attitude. I rode bareback...I have an "thing" about saddles now...because of what could have happened if I'd been using one during the accident. Things could have been a whole lot worse with a saddle. So, yes, I still have a lot to work out. Aaron was kind enough to capture the moment on camera. This is what all those prayers from everyone did...I can ride again.Shrek and I "warming up"...

Dad, giving me a leg up...


"Settling in"...

First ride...remembering...

Horse hugs are the best. If you've never had a real horse hug, you are missing out...

And....success....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, T! I glad you were able to get back on so successfully. And look how cute your haircut is! Hee.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

You DID get pictures (thanks Aaron)! You look radiant, especially in that last one. Congratulations, girl.