Ah, I remember those simple pleasures. Sometimes I can still recapture the sheer joy in playing with crunchy leaves. The main difference is now the entertainment value is only a few moments, whereas back then it could last hours.
Still, I enjoy it a lot more now that I have Bree to remind me. The other day she spent quite a while just tromping through Fall's Flotsom at grandma's house.
Postscript: we're thinking, loving and praying for Bob, you guys, and your whole family. We'd love the chance to feel like we can help if you drop any kind of hint of ways we can contribute.
My dad had a stroke a few years ago, and I know that just having people try to understand my pain was a great relief... a great deal more useful than the typical Mormon "it must be in God's plan" stuff I got. Whether it's in the plan or not, it's not what I needed to hear at the time. It sucks; it's stressful; it's genuinely painful for the whole network of family and friends.
2 comments:
Ah, I remember those simple pleasures. Sometimes I can still recapture the sheer joy in playing with crunchy leaves. The main difference is now the entertainment value is only a few moments, whereas back then it could last hours.
Still, I enjoy it a lot more now that I have Bree to remind me. The other day she spent quite a while just tromping through Fall's Flotsom at grandma's house.
Postscript:
we're thinking, loving and praying for Bob, you guys, and your whole family. We'd love the chance to feel like we can help if you drop any kind of hint of ways we can contribute.
My dad had a stroke a few years ago, and I know that just having people try to understand my pain was a great relief... a great deal more useful than the typical Mormon "it must be in God's plan" stuff I got. Whether it's in the plan or not, it's not what I needed to hear at the time. It sucks; it's stressful; it's genuinely painful for the whole network of family and friends.
We love you and will do what we can to help.
Post a Comment