Apr 24, 2010

Retirement

Wayfarer has been" living it up" here in the Valley... he spends most of his time out at pasture, munching on the new spring grasses, while his sidekick, Rio, follows his every move and has essentially become his shadow. When not grazing contentedly, Wayfarer spends a little time and calories teaching WGirl how to ride a trotting horse, and taking her trail riding. WKid is slowly gaining confidence on Wayfarer, but WKid's legs are still a bit short to fit comfortably in the stirrups. Thus and therefore, WGirl gets most of the time on Wayfarer. She has discovered how much fun trail riding is, and would ride all day if I let her. Below is a video that contains WGirl's first trotting experience. She did great! Though posting is still over her head...so we are working on sitting the trot. Wayfarer couldn't have a better kid to love him!

(the video was made with HD videos and high quality pics, but my computer can't handle all that info, so I had to make the movie into a lesser quality. Bummer.)

5 comments:

Pulcheria said...

WG looks great on him - such a natural (of course)! Great multitasking on your part!

DreamPacker said...

Great video!!! I am so glad that he is having a happy retirement. Much happier than he would be here. Things work out. I got my perfect replacement horse and Wayf got his perfect retirement home. And wow is WG doing great. A natural...

CowboyBob said...

She's coming along fast. Looks like she has great balancing instincts. Can't believe how long her legs have become. She has two great teachers.

Bethany said...

I want to retire and just play with Wildkids and my kids and so on. That wouldn't be too shabby. Cute video.

Kassidy said...

0:27 and 0:34 were probably my fave parts.