Last week, my dear mother-in-law showed me how to make apple pie filling, then bottle it. We got a hot tip on an elderly lady with a loaded tree, so Wildman picked the apples, and we transformed them into this! We spent half the day peeling, slicing, seasoning, and bottling this yummy goodness. Turned out beautifully, don't ya think? It tastes as good as it looks, too. Now, after doing MORE apple juice, my bottles and jars are all full. No more canning!!! Though, its sure a nice feeling knowing we have food storage--that we actually eat!
4 comments:
Hey, if you have any more apples, I'd be interested in some (for that apple juice we talked about.) Looks yummy. thanks for the visit.
After all that labor this year, no one would dare not eat it.
Wow that looks so yummy!! We will be over when we smell the pies cooking!!
I want your apple pie filling recipe! My apple tree was very generous (before it split in half), so I have tons of apples.
I think I will spend my whole summer with you next year so you can show me all the tricks of the trade, my dear! You amaze me!
Post a Comment