Today on my way to pick Oakley up at the bus stop, I walked by this beautiful stream. I pass it multiple times a day, but this time I was stopped in my tracks. I could hear the stream trickling through the rocks, see and feel the petals gently snowing around me, and smell the sweet scent of the spring blossoms. I stood there, staring, as time seemed to pause for a moment...trying to absorb it all in and never forget that moment. I became aware that my little boy was standing at my feet, also mezmerized by the scene, the smell, the sound. A little four year old boy, standing as if in reverent awe. It felt as though we were being given a moment to remember that God loves us, is aware of us, and that He was only reminding us of that.


3 comments:
Beautiful.
Amen! I feel the same way every time I look at Timp.
At the risk of sounding condescending (not at all my intention) your writing has improved since you started your blog. The luminescent prose in this post has almost transcended into poetry. You've captured the magic of the moment (a moment most of us have had in some way or another), and transferred that miracle to us, your readers. We've lived it again through your eyes, your mind. Your soul. Thank you.
Post a Comment