Apr 30, 2007

New-Do

Last week I cut six inches off Oakley's hair. She requested the cut. I think it was harder for me to cut it than it was for her. I kept thinking about a comment Heather said about cutting ten inches off her daughter's hair, about how she didn't want her daughter to think that her hair was who she was. Something like that. So, when I knew Oakley was serious about it, out came the scissors. It is SOOOoooooo much easier to manage and care for. And Oakley reminded me of something I told her father once, (apparently she overheard) that she has a perfectly shaped face, so any hair-do is going to look great on her. She's right. She's still as beautiful as ever. Of course, she could shave her head and she'd still be gorgeous. She also reminded me that it will always grow back. It's interesting, this learning and gaining insights from my children.



2 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Love it. The face is, in fact, perfectly shaped. I find it fascinating that your post, capturing something as mundane as a haircut, can illuminate the path of wisdom with such ease.

Canyonsrcool said...

Wow, she looks old (which means she looks really good too). I feel old. Why does this keep happening to me? :)