This is Aaron, packed up and headed for the southern deserts for one more work week in the field. Yes, that pack is as heavy as it looks. It's somewhere around 70-80 lbs. Of course, being out for eight days at a time, Aaron likes to backpack "luxury style".... taking his everywhere- chair. So, yes, I''m a single mom for eight days, and I encouraged him to go. Okay, I told him to go. He needs it, whether he knows it or not. He was "excited and scared" because it's been so long since he was in the field. He'll be back just in time for Oakley's birthday, which means we put up the Christmas Tree!
2 comments:
70-80 lbs... So that's, what, maybe 50-40 lbs more than his entire bodyweight? Talk about Mr. Incredible!
I agree with you, T: I would absolutely love to observe him out in the field doing his actual job.
I had a wonderful reception (with cheers and ovation from most of my co-workers). It was good to wash the pasty whiteness from my 6 months inside away. If I never work there again I will never forget that deep impact and the support I have felt from them through Teisha accident and through my rediscovery of self.
Post a Comment