Oct 28, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again...

Well, we did it. Thursday, October 26, 2006 a full five months after the accident, I rode Wayfarer for the first time. He was a perfect gentleman, and was eager to please. Even though he is pushing 20 years, he had the spunk of a two year old, and was eager to get out and "play". He seemed to have a lot more confidence than I did. We walked around the field for a minute, then I couldn't resist, so I let him canter...and oh--how I missed that! It was incredible to float along...in spite of my stiffness and mild soreness. I rode for about 20 minutes, and Aaron captured it all on camera.


Here, he is looking very classic morgan...


Out for a stroll...






Cantering about...


Oh, the rapture!

2 comments:

Canyonsrcool said...

Cool Pictures, way to be on top of it . . .I mean him, I mean you and top of him and not him on top of you . .. uhhhhh cool!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

That's so cool. I got a little teary-eyed. And with a saddle, too!