Oct 23, 2006

The Accident (revisited)

I have other gnarly pictures I thought I'd share because some people like to see this kind of thing, and I guess I like to share? Maybe I'm just a little twisted...no pun intended...maybe I'm getting in to the Halloween spirit.
Here is the scene of the accident. The outline is where I landed, and the little green X is where my cell phone landed. The horse stood half-asleep just out of the picture to the right.

This is a drawing of what the bones are supposed to look like, the little red lines are where my bones were crushed. The little red arrow points to where the bones pushed out through the skin, and then went back in again. Eeewww.

This is an x-ray of my crushed hips taken at the Ogden Regional Medical Center ER. Again, the red lines showing my fractures and the blue arrow showing the compound fracture. The break of my left hip (right side of picture) went all the way through, so the bottom peice was floating around, as were all the little pieces on the other side, hence the "crunchy-gooshy" feeling some of you have heard me talk about. I learned later that there are many of the big muscles of the upper leg (quads) attached to all those broken pieces and the "sitting bones".

Crushed bones without the lines....


After the surgeries, the bones back in place, needing to mend. Four weeks after the accident.


From the outside...taking belly piercing to a whole new level...my railroad of staples...with the face Rone (Aaron) drew on my belly for the doctor's to laugh at. I told him that this Halloween when carving pumpkins, he should carve the eyes and nose but only staples for the mouth, wouldn't that be funny...he was not amused.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

You are so morbid. I love it. Ouch, ouch, double ouch infinity. You are so strong! I hope I never get the opportunity to test my strength the way you've tested yours, and risen beautifully to the challenge.